05 July 2006

Ngong Hills



These shots are from our hike at Ngong Hills. It's an arduous trek of 12 miles, to put it mildly. Much of it is at a very steep incline. But it's wonderful to get out in God's great out-of-doors and to stretch ones legs! In case you're wondering... my hat is off to the side to keep the sun off of my face. We were on the hills for the entire day. We hiked basically in a southerly direction, so in the afternoon the sun was on our right side. At 8,000 feet and in the equatorial sun, it's wise to be careful. The middle shot is me (in the distance). The guy whose face is in the corner of the foreground is James, our guide/guard for the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb...
I'm envious, I'e always wanted to climb the "rock" at Matunda and the Ngong hills. Guess I'm going to have to spend an extended time in Kenya one of these years to do all the climbing I want to do...Mount Kenya, as well.
Be blessed...
Wafula

Anonymous said...

Deb - you look great and the scenery is beautiful! Aaron and I are talking about printing and framing some to display in our house. Would you be okay with that? You are the artist!! :)

--Lila