26 November 2007

Photos of Some of "My" Birds

Purple Sunbird
These birds are quite small and hover almost like a hummingbird.
Their feathers are iridescent.


Red-Cheeked Cordon Bleu
This was one of the first Kenyan birds I ever identified.
They are also quite beautiful and commonly seen.


Robin Chat
These are fairly common. They're smaller than an American robin.


African Pied Wagtail
These are quite common all through Kenya.
Their tails almost constantly “wag”, thus the name.

NOTE – I am blessed to have many beautiful birds visiting at the back door of my new house. Whenever I have bread crumbs or produce cuttings, I share with them. I thoroughly enjoy watching their antics! In order to attempt to share this joy with you, I’ve posted the following photos that I got from the internet. Most of them, however, do not do justice to the beauty of the birds at all.


No comments: