04 April 2008

April 2008 Prayer Letter

Praise items -

  • God granted safe travel for me upcountry twice last month. The roads in Kenya are atrocious. Suffice it to say that any and all travel is rather dangerous.
  • My time with the Illinois team was very exciting, both ministry-wise and fellowship-wise. I believe God used us to challenge, inspire, and bless others, as He simultaneously worked in each of our lives.
  • The 1st Benevolence Committee meeting that I chaired went quite well. God has assembled an enthusiastic and talented team for this new endeavor. I’m pleased to be a part of it.
  • The fellowship group that meets in my house had some great times of nourishment – both in God’s Word and via the stomach!
  • I got to see a fair amount of Bishop and Margaret and their family, which is always good!
  • Rose and Sammy got into a new (and cheaper) house. That’s an answer to prayer!
  • God had a really cool blessing lined up for me! Just this past week, I unexpectedly got to go to the Nairobi National Park (with a fairly new friend and two others). What a thrilling five hours! We saw so many animals, including my first-ever sighting of a Secretary bird! We also spotted numerous beautiful, elegant Maasai giraffes. We saw plentiful eland, buffalo, Cole’s hartebeest, impala, tortoises, warthogs, crowned cranes, vervet monkeys, ostriches, vultures, and zebra. Additionally, we saw a hyrax, a waterbuck, a tiny dik dik, and a jackal. The scenery itself was spectacular! God is so creative. Just imagine. He made everything for our enjoyment!

Prayer items –

  • Please continue to pray that my work permit will be renewed.
  • Pray for wisdom regarding my decision about my house at Matunda.
  • Pray for safety on the road, as I will again travel to Matunda in about 10 days.
  • Pray for my ongoing support level and that enough will come in to pay my rent every month.


I’ll conclude by quoting the words of Job. I pray that I can honestly echo his sentiments:

“The Almighty knows the way that I take;

when He has tested me I will come forth as gold.

My feet have closely followed His steps;

I have kept to His way without turning aside.

I have not departed from the commands of His lips;

I have treasured the words of his mouth more than my daily bread.”

Job 23:10-12

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Would love to know more about the Benelevance Committee... sounds exciting!