17 February 2016

A glimpse into my life, via a four-day road trip to Eldoret, Bungoma, Kitale, and Matunda

There wasn't really anything special about this trip, but when I got home I realized I had some nice photos of everyday life. It occurred to me that some of you may like to see them.

On any given occasion, there are so many photos I would love to get for you, but it's not always a conducive situation. I try to be sensitive to the people and environment, not wanting to offend anyone.


I enjoyed a nice lunch with Agnes and Adu at Bungoma Tea Room

A bicycle boda-boda and a couple of kiosks at Kitale town

Motorbike boda-bodas waiting for customers, Kitale town

Various shops at Matunda market

"Self-selection" supermarket, Matunda 

Long-time friend, George, at his small shop at Matunda

Nathan, Martin, and I had a nice lunch at Olive Inn, Matunda

These delightful children came running over to greet the mzungu, and asked me to take their picture

Also at Matunda market

We hung out together while I waited for the Kangaroo shuttle van to Eldoret

Such simple joys, hanging out with a mzungu shosho (white grandmother)!

Notice the gunny sack near the guy sweeping the drainage ditch.
Believe it or not, there's actually a guy sleeping inside the bag, Eldoret town.

We encountered a fair amount of afternoon rain and fog on the way back to Nairobi.


Towards the tail end of my trip, on a bus to Ngong town, it was such a
pleasant surprise to bump into this lady, the mother of a good friend of mine.

I checked out the brand new Karen Hub mall and had a cup of chai, Karen shops

The final leg of my trip was a motorbike boda-boda ride to my house, during
which we got caught in a sudden downpour. I got quite wet and mud-splattered.


1 comment:

Lila said...

Awesome photographs!!!