16 December 2019

Feeling restless from the rain, #3 - A wonderful (wet) get-away at a wood cabin near the Aberdares (part 2)

Such a stunning view from the cabin!

Brilliant Lord, I look up at your macro-skies, dark and enormous,
your handmade sky-jewelry, moon and stars mounted in their settings.
    Then I look at my micro-self and wonder, why do you bother with us?
Why take a second look our way?
~ Psalm 8, Message


The view across this vast valley changed constantly and was always a wonder to behold!


You put us in charge of your handcrafted world,
made us lords of sheep and cattle.
God, brilliant Lord, your name echoes around the world.
~ Psalm 8, Message



I truly love wildflowers and try to do my best photographing them.



The leaf does not immediately absorb the drop of water falling on it.
She slowly drinks with great pleasure!
~ Mehmet Murat ildan (1965- ), Turkish novelist





Just a few hours after arriving back home at Ngong town, I received the news that my brother, Greg, had passed away. I'm so grateful for the 48 hours I had at this cabin near the Aberdares, in such a serene setting. And then suddenly - in another 48 hours - I was on a plane heading back to the States. It's been said that 'life can turn on a dime'; it is certainly true that circumstances can change very quickly.

I believe the silence and solitude at the cabin prepared me for hearing about Greg. He also loved camping and actually owned a cabin for many years. In hindsight, it all seemed very fitting to me... almost as if God had arranged it all like that :)


I would very much love to stay here again!

No comments: