01 June 2007

Focused Leaders

Focused leaders:

  • Are intentional about their personal growth and development
  • Live in alignment with God’s calling on their life
  • Have the courage to live before an audience of One rather than seek the approval of many
  • Are committed to expanding the Kingdom

Statistics show that only 30% of leaders finish their lives well. Leaders who finish well are:

  • Still in love with the Lord
  • Still in love with Scripture
  • Still growing and learning
  • Increasing in ministry effectiveness
  • Their legacy is still intact

It's my desire to be a focused leader and to finish well!

Paul said in Acts 20:24, “I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me.”

Acts 13:36 (Message) says, “David completed the work God set out for him.”

At the end of my life, I want to hear, 'Well done, my good and faithful servant!'

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was touched by your notes regarding leadership, I found great insight in the advice.

I am also glad to see that you have been faithful to your God given mission to Africa. I personally gain a lot from your notes and pictures as you go about your journey.

Anonymous said...

Your notes reminded me of the FLR retreat that we had in Brackenhurst, Limuru. I've been thinking lately about finishing well.

I'll keep you in prayer about this. Pray for me too.

-KIM-

Anonymous said...

Great points to hold tightly to for all of us whether a recognized leader or just an acting one in the authority of Christ. The ultimate goal to complete this race well. I pray God will continue to be with you and help you to remain focused on the wonderful task he has set before you in Kenya. Like you a place and people I fell in love with. And yes I actually posted something finally. Take care Deb we love you!