02 September 2007

September 2007 Prayer Letter

Quote of the Month –

“Christians pretty much live like everybody else; they just sprinkle a little Jesus in along the way… ”

“Conversion means to change, to alter, after which something looks different than it did before – like conversion vans or converted currency. We need converts in the best sense of the word, people who are marked by the renewing of their minds and imaginations, who no longer conform to the pattern that is destroying our world. Otherwise, we have only believers, and believers are a dime-a-dozen nowadays. What the world needs is people who believe so much in another world that they cannot help but begin enacting it now.”

- Shane Claiborne, author of The Irresistible Revolution


Requests –

  • I’m still looking for a place to rent in Nairobi. Please continue to pray that I’ll be sensitive to the Lord’s leading as He grants me the desires of my heart (reasonable price, quiet setting, large enough to comfortably host friends for meals and overnight). I’m eager to find a place to call my own!
  • Please also pray for Karo and Jeremiah as they too look for a new place to live. They desire to move closer to their church and will need to find another place where they can open a milk business. They need to find a place before the end of the month.
  • Masudi, Collins, Jim, and Angela all return to school this week. They’ve had the month of August off between the 2nd and 3rd term. Please pray that they will continue to do well in their education and that they will each follow the Lord with all their heart.


Praise –

I praise my God for His faithfulness to me. He continually sends blessings my way and He is so dependable about forgiving me when I miss the mark. His love truly is unconditional!

Thank you for faithfully upholding me in prayer and bringing my name often to the throne of God! I don't take it for granted!

“God keeps an eye on His friends. His ears pick up every moan and groan. God is listening. If your heart is broken, you’ll find God right there; if you're kicked in the gut, he'll help you catch your breath. Disciples so often get into trouble; still, God is there every time. He's your bodyguard, shielding every bone; not even a finger gets broken.”

Psalm 34 (Message)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb,
We sure do love hearing about your life in Kenya!! Please tell Karo and Jeremiah hi from us. Have you seen our friends from Kijabe recently?? Blessings from Omaha.

erin (and chris)