17 September 2014

6 days, 4 lads - Camping at Olorgesailie in Maasailand, day one


100 years from now, it won’t matter what my bank account was, 
the sort of house I lived in, or the kind of car I drove.
But the world may be different because I was important in the life of a child.
~ Forest E. Whitcraft


Derrick and Jim cooking hot dogs for lunch

Jeremy and Jack doing the dishes

My 'deluxe' banda, with Ol Petesi in the background

The boys in front of their 'standard' banda - Jack, Jeremy, Derrick, and Jim

I just met Jack (sweatshirt) recently. He's a neighbor of mine at my new house (since late March). But I've known Jeremy, Derrick and Jim over 12 years and have watched them grow up. In fact, Jeremy (in the striped shirt) was a baby in his mom's arms when I met him.

The guys spent six days with me during their August school holiday. We had a wonderful time together!
One of the highlights was camping at Olorgesailie in Maasailand.



Evening meal

It isn't really camping unless you make s'mores!
.

No comments: