08 September 2014

Humans of New York / UN World Tour 2014 / Some of Brandon's photos from Kenya / #2

Nairobi

When they don't think I'm watching, they do the funniest things. They are always dancing together. I found them in the kitchen yesterday, pretending to cook.

"What's your greatest worry as a parent?"

Their health. They're always getting sick from the cold and the dust. Sometimes the dust gets so bad, they lose their voices.


Nairobi



I want to be a pilot.

"What will be the hardest part about being a pilot?"

When the plane crashes.


Nairobi



I want to be a lawyer.

Nairobi



She gives lots of kisses when she comes home from school.

Nairobi



Camera shy


Nairobi



Even if you punish her, she's singing two minutes later.

Nairobi

"What surprised you most about being a parent?"

The feeling of being called 'Dad'. It's the best feeling on earth.

The first time my daughter called me 'Dad', we were playing hide and go seek. I was pretending that I couldn't find her, and I kept searching and searching, until finally she screamed: 'Dad!'
It almost made me cry. It made me feel like Superman.


Nairobi




On the closing day of school, they chose him to be the presenter at the awards ceremony. He got up and sang 'The Wind Beneath My Wings'.

"Did you cry?"

Of course I did.












[Photos and stories borrowed from Humans of New York blog.]
[Click 'older post' below to see another collection of photos and stories from Kenya.]

No comments: