21 January 2016

Whistling Thorns, a walk on the wild side


We ought to take outdoor walks, to refresh and raise our spirits by deep breathing in the open air.  
      ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca (1st century Roman philosopher)


I think that I cannot preserve my health and spirits, unless I spend four hours a day at least - and it is commonly more than that - sauntering through the woods and over the hills and fields, absolutely free from all worldly engagements. 
      ~ Henry David Thoreau (1817-1862), American writer and philosopher

Beautiful large aloe, with red flowers

Seed pods of a Sweet Thorn Acacia

I'm not sure, but there seems to be some sort of fungus on this plant.



Beautiful flower of a Sweet Thorn Acacia


Robai and I enjoyed our 'nature walk' (as she called it). I always enjoy going to this lovely and untouched spot for a stroll. One is always guaranteed to see a Maasai or two grazing their cattle and goats.

We didn't see any zebra this time, but we did spot some Thomson gazelle.


We finished up our day by sharing a pizza at Whistling Thorns, while looking at the stunning view of Ngong Hills on the horizon.

We were joined by a pair of giraffe. Look... I do believe one of them is blue!