15 January 2019

Karura Forest, my 'happy place' - remembering three visits: on my own, with Rose, and with Jacob


"The thrill of discovery is the same, regardless of what it is one discovers."
   ~ Iris Bajjali, Murdoch Mysteries (season 5, episode 3)


On this visit, Rose and I discovered a new part of the forest we hadn't ever seen before. There was a lovely picnic area... plus a few swings which we took advantage of. It seems that all of my life, I simply cannot pass by a swing without enjoying it!




I don't always get over to the part of the forest where the waterfall is located but whenever I do, I sure enjoy it!
There's something soothing about the sound of a babbling brook.





I typically carry a few snacks with me, plus water.
But every once in a while I take a flask of chai to enjoy early in the morning, just as the forest is waking up.




The wildlife in the forest is so fun to watch and marvel at, whether it's Sykes monkeys frolicking in the trees, a Duiker grazing just ahead on the path, beautifully colored butterflies dancing in the air right in front of me, or even the nasty Siafu ants marching in formation. God's creation never ceases to amaze me!






Rose enjoys hunting for GeoCaches just like me. In fact, we make a great team -
I do the navigation portion and she spots the hidden objects in a flash!


An absolutely gorgeous papyrus stand, plus a close-up below.  



Simply beautiful!

The trees in the forest add their applause, to all who are pleased and present before God. 
1 Chronicles 16:33 (Message)





Jacob (missionary friend from South Sudan) and I split up - he did bird watching while I hunted for GeoCaches.
When we met unexpectedly, we sat on a bench and enjoyed the snacks we had brought along with us.

No comments: