19 January 2019

Make new friends but keep the old. / One is silver and the other gold. / You help me and I'll help you.

Rose (dark jacket) and I visited my friend, Meidimi (red t-shirt), in the Nakuru area recently to do some GeoCaching.
Little did we know we would end up also enjoying the company of two Spaniards, and making much use of Google Translator.
Such an interesting experience! By the way, this is my first picture taken by a drone. The gal in orange controlled it with her phone.

There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship. 
~ Thomas Aquinas (1225-1274), Italian philosopher and theologian


When I was last in the States, I met Effie at the home of a mutual friend.
She had moved to the U.S. with her family when she was young and was happy to chat with me about Kenya, her home.
We made plans to see Ngong Hills when she visited here in December and that's when I met her friend, Sam.





One of the most beautiful qualities of true friendship is to understand and to be understood. 
Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4BC - 65AD), Roman philosopher


When Susan, my missionary friend from Narok, paid me another visit, we once again enjoyed my chimney jiko.



Simple pleasures! And a modified version of a s'more (with no chocolate).

It's always fun to hang out with Joanna and get caught up, as we've known each other for several years now.
This was our last time to see each other (unless the unexpected happens), because she recently repatriated back to the States.
We talked a lot about the difficulty of leaving a place that has become home and re-entering our original home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Baby Jason is adorable; a drone taking your picture, wow; Jacob Borgelt birdwatching, so many exciting things your life represents. Sharon R.