12 April 2019

A few interesting and random shots of typical day-to-day life in my neighborhood and at my house


After there was a break-in at one of the nine houses on the compound where I live, the landlady hired Njuguna to do some welding on all of our doors, in theory making the houses more secure.


I always enjoy watching manual labor and had fun chatting with Ngunua. He's proudly showing me his homemade tools.

He also made this welding machine himself.

Every 'fundi' (repairman) that's been to one of my houses in Nairobi,
has plugged in his equipment in this rather reckless manner.

On that same day, Daniel trimmed my hedges using the ladder he had just built for me.
Later I had chicken and chips (french fries) delivered via a motorbike, for all three of us.


On a different day, our Assistant Chief Madam Sarah, met with several of us who live in the Muthaiga shops neighborhood.
We discussed recent break-ins, plus the new Huduma Namba (service number) every Kenyan is supposed to get.

Here's a few of the neighbors who attended the meeting, including Mama Sharee (white shirt), who owns the duka where I shop. 

Mama Sharee's shop is on the far left, where she stocks basic kitchen supplies and fresh produce.


Sometimes my friend, Fredrick, trims my hedges... along with help from his son, Jason.

I planted these hedges in front of my house with Daniel (pictured above)
shortly after I moved in 5 years ago. Now they're envied by all my neighbors :)

No comments: