15 April 2019

Azmera Haven Retreat at Entebbe, Uganda plus a visit to Jinja, Uganda plus squeezing in some GeoCaching

This was one of several beautiful early morning sunrises at Lake Victoria, Entebbe Uganda 

Some of the ladies at our surprise 'birthday party' on our last night, at the Azmera Retreat

I traveled to Uganda in February to attend an Azmera Haven Retreat. Their goal is to nurture and impact cross-cultural global workers from various nations, so they can serve God and others to their fullest potential and remain faithful to their calling overseas. Azmera is an Ethiopian word meaning 'harvest'.

Like other similar retreats I've attended, this one was also quite fun and refreshing. It was nice to meet new people at our randomly-assigned tables and get to know those few ladies better throughout the course of our three days together. Additionally the various workshops we could attend, partaking of pampering like pedicures and massages, plus the teaching was all wonderful.



I arrived two days early so I could do some exploring and GeoCaching, as it was my first time to Entebbe. I got a lift to Jinja from a gal at the retreat. She let me stay at her place for two nights, which also gave me some more time for GeoCaching.



Jinja's new suspension bridge was still under construction the last time I was there


I took a boat out to the spot that Uganda claims is the source of the Nile River, flowing from underground at Lake Victoria.
Once there, I was able to log an Earth Cache, by getting this picture.

No comments: