18 August 2011

Thompson Falls, Nyahururu

I love seeing new places... especially in Kenya! It's a land with so, so much beauty. I had never been to Nyahururu to see Thompson Falls... so Michael, Kim, and I recently headed that direction for a fun two-day adventure. I believe it's always good to get away from the normal routine. It refreshes our soul and invigorates our energy!


The cheesy requisite "tourist" photo

We had a strenuous hike to the bottom (and back up), but it was beautiful!

The three of us had a great time!

So much green... especially from the mist!

We capped off our day with delicious "nyama choma"!

We viewed gorgeous scenery on the way to and fro. This is the Aberdares mountain range

Joanie (who hosted us) is with my same sending agency, Ripe for Harvest. 

Click here to see a video of the waterfall.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous! That green shot is very cool. Will show the kids the waterfall later.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the fact you met another RFH'er.

-Ryan Y