11 September 2018

2018 Home-stay - New York City: building a bench, GeoCaching, hanging out, and a leadership summit

New York City is so fascinating, and I always enjoy exploring it! What better way to do that than with GeoCaching.

Yum! I could smell the wonderful aroma from all this fruit as I walked past. Buying goods on the sidewalk reminds me of Kenya!

I headed out on my own to do some GeoCaching on two days. So much fun!

I enjoyed building this bench over the course of several days, with the kids helping me.

Heading to the kids' track meet with scooters, like true New Yorkers.

I was fortunate to attend the 2-day Global Leadership Summit.

There were so many fantastic speakers, but I especially enjoyed Erwin McManus. These are a few excerpts from his talk -

We need to ask ourselves - How can I become the person I was created to be? In 2 Kings, when King Jehoash is about to be destroyed by an army, he knows the only way to win is if God is on his side. Elisha tells him to take arrows and strike them on the ground and he will have victory. So the king strikes the ground three times and stops. Elisha asks him why he stopped, because now he will only have partial victory.

How many of us have confused those moments in our life when we thought we failed, but we really quit.
We settled for much less than the life we are supposed to live.

Most of us live our lives as if we are going to live forever. We are all dying; we don’t get any of our days back. We must treat each day like it's sacred. Some of you are living your life in fear. Freedom is on the other side of your fear! If you don’t deal with the paralyzing power of fear in your life, you will never live the life you were created to live. Your faith is the fuel you need to step into your pain and into your fear and into your failures. Take the arrow and strike and strike and strike and strike and strike.

When you take your last breath, let your quiver be empty... 
and let your last arrow be in your hand.

No comments: