10 September 2018

2018 Home-stay - Omaha, Nebraska; good times being back in my hometown

These trees forming the letters of 'HI', don't look as good as they used to, but I was glad to see them still standing!

These ladies are 3/4 of my accountability team. We met in person, and the remaining gal joined us remotely via the internet.

I was happy to again see Justin - brother to my son-in-law - and to savor his amazing cooking at his award-winning restaurant.
Mom has almost become a regular; Naomi plus Mia were trying it out for their first time.

I was glad to see my buddy, Ryan, again and also meet his fiancée, Veronica.
We forgot to get a photo at our favorite spot, the International Café... so we improvised while having our dessert at a Dairy Queen.

A few hours with Ryan at Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo made me think I was in Kenya!

I enjoyed a lovely evening with these gals, including dinner out on the back deck.

Marge and Larry joined my Mom and I for lunch and a competitive game of Scrabble.

Pat (Guatemala missionary) and I always have long lunches whenever we're in Omaha.

Naomi, Mia, Aaliyah, and I enjoyed an evening at Shakespeare on the Green... just like my kids and I did years ago.
We also took in another tradition - - thoroughly enjoying an evening at Jazz on the Green.


And lastly... I got to hang out with my cousin, Linda, when she was in town.
We went to one of my former churches and also Omaha's first African Cultural Festival.



By the way, I have many short videos on my own YouTube channel, like these two. You can enjoy all of them by simply clicking here.

No comments: