01 September 2008

Shopping for Joe

God provided some funds for Joe’s house! Here’s Joe with the plywood installed for the inside walls. Just as I was taking this photo, Linet announced cheerfully and optimistically, “Joe will have a new life here!”




This is the fundi. He’s putting in the “glasses” for the window.


God also provided some funds for basic household goods for Joe. Linet and I spent about two hours shopping for him. [Interestingly, it was Linet that helped me do a lot of my shopping when I first occupied my house at Matunda almost six years ago.] While we shopped, Joe preached for the lunch-hour service at Bishop’s church.


We got most of the kitchen items (dishes, mugs, silverware, pots, 50 liter water storage container, etc) at “Chairman’s” shop. He’s one of Bishop’s church members. (In fact, he’s the one that moved my things when I rented my house almost a year ago). He’s standing here with his wife.




Linet and a shop owner fold up a large curtain we purchased. Joe will use it to partition his small house into a sleeping area and a sitting room area.




Joe with some of the items that we purchased. I think one of the things that made him the happiest was an “exercise book” or tablet (you can see it barely sticking out of the black bag) and the “slippers” (flip flops).

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see people helping out!
God Bless

Anonymous said...

Joe... your house is going to be wonderful! We know that once you are done with your treatment and feeling better, you will do so much with your life!

Anonymous said...

The word says "Rejoice with those who rejoice." I rejoice with Joe. And may God bless all those who made this possible. Peggy

Anonymous said...

How exciting!!So happy for Joe.God does care. I feel so blessed to see his smiling face.

Anonymous said...

Neat, neat and neat! God bless...
Wafula

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to get this report and share in the progress of the new place!

GOD IS GOOD!!

-Jessica