29 March 2017

Catching up, November 2016: A fun trip to Narok to meet some new friends

When we paused by the side of the road, the driver of the van I was traveling in bought
me a whole cob of hot roasted maize. I shared half of it with the gal seated next to me.

I always enjoy traveling to Narok. I used to go there frequently when a few of my South Sudanese friends attended school nearby. This time I was on my way to meet some new friends, who I had met at the last conference put on by my missions sending agency. The views are stunning as the highway drops rapidly down into the Great Rift Valley.




Dave, Sue, and I had a great time of fellowship together!


We drove through some rain on the way back, but then it cleared up and got sunny again.


This small "Travelers Church" (near Mai Mahiu) was built by Italian POW's in 1942. 

No comments: