27 March 2017

Catching up, November 2016: Thanksgiving, Scrabble, and celebrating a birthday


I enjoyed a lovely traditional American Thanksgiving meal with this crazy bunch of folks. Before we shared our meal that day, I only knew two of them... but now the other five are also friends!


Shannon and I first connected through the 'I am a Triangle' Facebook page, and discovered we both live in Kenya. She lives pretty far north of Nairobi, but we managed to meet for lunch when she was in town... yet another new friend!


Denise and I met many years ago (early 2003?) during a conference held at Brakenhurst. We've remained friends through all this time and managed to reconnect for lunch when she was back in Kenya recently.

Robai also joined Denise and I that day.
On our way back home, we got a shot of this signboard. 


I always have a great time with these young friends of mine. We meet as often as we can for a competitive game of Scrabble and lunch. The winner gets to keep the coveted and rather 'fancy' traveling trophy.


I brought some candles and picked up a cake on my way across town. We had fun celebrating Jasmine's 6th birthday!

No comments: