24 March 2017

Catching up, October 2016: Enjoying the outdoors with croquet, plus GeoCaching at Karua Forest

Sammy teaches his son how the game is played

Joshua coaches his daughter on technique

Ruth swung a mean mallet, all-the-while holding her last-born 

Jennifer lines up and takes aim

Zerekiah really got into the sport


These flower photos are all from Joshua and Ruth's garden, just down the road from me.

Enjoy!





"The earth laughs in flowers."
~ E. E. Cummings 
American poet, 1894-1962

- - - - - - - - - -

Gloria and I combined GeoCaching, a picnic lunch, and a Bible study while at Karua Forest, a beautiful spot in the midst of Nairobi

Looking up at a large, old Mugumo (Fig) tree in the forest




"The forest and I was all there was. 
In the deep still silence I could feel the Earth's beating heart." 
~ Author unknown



Gloria holds one of several GeoCaches that we found this day; behind her is Lily Pond.

I captured this shot of the setting sun, through the windshield of the bus I took home... a quite fitting end to our day.

1 comment:

Gloria Sauck said...

Those are good memories. Thanks!