01 October 2008

Prayer Letter, Part 2 - Forty-One Years

After 41 years as a disciple of Christ, I am still learning how to follow Him. I am still learning how to be still before Him and listen for His gentle whispers of guidance and conviction. I’m still learning how to submit to Him in total and unconditional obedience. I am still learning how to surrender my will to His will.

“The aim of the missionary is to do God’s will, not to be useful… he is useful, but that is not his aim. His aim is to do the will of his Lord.” (Oswald Chambers)

I’m learning how to be faithful to my Master – not useful and not successful – just faithful.

“I heard God’s still small voice in my soul, ‘I want you to be faithful. You are not called to be successful, only faithful. Be faithful.’” (Joel Vestal, Dangerous Faith)

God is teaching me how to unlearn, learn, and re-learn. As He continues to mold and shape me into His image, He gently reminds me that I’m wet clay in His hands.

I’m discovering how to be a servant and how to bring God the glory He so richly deserves.

“I am created for God, He made me… The purpose for which the missionary is created is that he may be God’s servant, one in whom God is glorified… Beware lest you forget God’s purpose for your life.” (Oswald Chambers)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you like Oswald Chambers
Peggy