30 November 2008

December Prayer Letter


Worship time at my church retreat in October

“The Christian should never worry about tomorrow or give sparingly because of a possible future need. Only the present moment is ours to serve the Lord, and tomorrow may never come. Money is really worth no more than as it can be used to accomplish the Lord’s work. Life is worth as much as it is spent for the Lord’s service.”
- George Muller

Thank you for praying for my many friends here in Kenya!

  • Masudi just finished high school. Join me in praying that he might find a way to seek further education or to find employment.
  • Collins enters his final year of high school in January.
  • Mark Deng Deng finished high school this year. He has the opportunity to travel to his home area in Sudan for the 1st time since he fled as a young child ten years ago. Pray for his safety and emotional well-being. He expects to return to Kenya in three months.
  • Sammy Wefwafwa has one year remaining at the two-year college he’s been attending. He was recently invited to join the national 15-a-side rugby team. He very much desires to find a job.
  • Rose is happy to have received a sponsorship to attend a college business course.
  • Joe continues to improve health-wise.
  • George and Linet continue to trust the Lord to meet their family’s daily needs. Derrick and Jeremy are their sons.
  • Karo and Jeremiah still pastor their church and attend a Bible college. Please also remember their children, Jim and Joy.
  • Agnes is attending a tailoring and dress-making course and is also starting up a knitting business. Please pray for her health to improve. Charles continues to search for daily work to provide for their family. Tony, Pope, Adu, Duane, and Zach are their sons.
  • Robert is looking for a new job in Dar es Salaam.
  • William Deng Madit, Emmanuel Mawien, Mawien Mawien Dut, and William Madut Tier were recently chosen by the Rehema Team to be sponsored in school by my church. Please pray for them as they begin class in January. They all strongly desire to get their education.
  • There’s also Ben, Nathan, Masha, Ruth, Vera, Martin and his family, Bishop and Margaret, Liz and Stu… and the list goes on and on.
Please pray for me
· as I minister to and encourage the folks I’ve listed above
· as I head up the Rehema Team at my church
· as I open up my home for my homegroup – Sam, Mike, Kim, Moses, Justo, Emily, Annie
· that my health will stay steady and strong (I’ve been rather fatigued lately)
· that I will stay sensitive to the Lord’s voice and only engage in the activities He has for me
· safety on the roads
… and the list goes on and on.

No comments: