10 January 2011

Christmas 2010

"The next time you put on a dinner, don't just invite your friends and family and rich neighbors, the kind of people who will return the favor. Invite some people who never get invited out, the misfits from the wrong side of the tracks. You'll be - and experience - a blessing. They won't be able to return the favor, but the favor will be returned - oh, how it will be returned! - at the resurrection of God's people."  (Luke 14:12-14, Message)

As a disciple of Jesus, my aim is to follow his actions and his words. And so... this year for Christmas, eight of my Sudanese-refugee friends plus my 91-year old neighbor, Anne, spent the day at my house.

We had great conversation as we enjoyed our meal. To be sure, just as Jesus said in the above quote, I experienced a blessing! Each one of us agreed that we would always cherish the memory of Christmas 2010! Anne said it was the best Christmas in her entire life!

Madut, Anne, Maju, Wek, Marial, Deng, Maluk, Mawien

Maluk, Wek, Madut

Anne and Maluk

The guys had never had lasagne before!

Eating a tossed salad for the 1st time ever!

I loved listening to the interaction between Anne and the guys! Priceless!

As they left my house, they borrowed some of my books and magazines.

What a memorable day it was!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looking at the photos bring tears to my eyes..... I see no judgment only love and joy!Your article also reminds me that outward focus is better than "I" focus!

Sandra