06 June 2006

June Prayer Letter

Praise

The entire month of May found me in Nairobi waiting for Karo’s baby to be born. As I did so, I hosted many in my home:

  • Cyndi and her friend, Vera, stayed with me a couple of days
  • Rose and Sammy spent a weekend with me
  • George, Linet, and their boys came for a spaghetti lunch
  • The guys in my homegroup came for lasagna and birthday cupcakes

Karo also stayed at my house overnight for five weeks in a row to simplify her maternity clinic visits. I reserved one day for a personal prayer retreat. I assisted Cyndi wherever I could, as she got adjusted and settled in Kenya. My homegroup celebrated communion during one of our weekly meetings. Cyndi and I attended Karo and Jeremiah’s church one Sunday morning.

Of course, the biggest praise item is the birth of Joy Elika Kibisu! It’s my privilege to know this couple and to minister to them in various ways. I firmly believe they are jewels in God’s Kingdom and that He’ll use them mightily for His glory!

Prayer

Life in Kenya can become hectic and too busy just like in the States. Please pray that I’ll maintain a balanced schedule. I don’t ever want to crowd out personal and meaningful time with my Lord.

“Unless we have invested a great deal of time in our secret ministry to the Lord, then the shallowness of our public ministry will be very evident… Few people today truly minister to the Lord Himself.” - Chip Brogden

“I entered your house and you gave Me no water for My feet.” Luke 7:44

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Deb, for resending your blogsite in the e-mail. It came through fine that time.
2Cor. 12:9 I will glory in my weaknesses because they allow Christ's strength to rest on me.
Love, Marge