02 August 2006

Choo and Washroom Slab Construction

Mixing the cement, sand, stones, and water.


Rough "offcuts" were used for the forms. You can also see the form for the eventual "toilet" hole. On the right is where the "washroom" will be located. A plastic tube was put in place for the water to drain from it (you can barely see it protruding in the 3rd picture). Supporting the slap are several pieces of offcuts. I imagine they will eventually rot. The 14-foot deep pit is underneath (I had it dug last time I was at Matunda). In between two layers of concrete is a piece of "wire mesh" for added reinforcement.

My construction crew consisted of three pastors! Morris (first time I've met him), Nathan (my good friend), and Tom (who I've known for some time). They did a great job!

After the walls are built, a final thin layer of "plaster" will be put in place for the floor of the toilet and washroom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb...
I pray this finds you well. I know how happy you are to get your own "cho" up and running. Nothing like having a "private" cho!!! Please give my love to our friends in Kenya...
hugs...
Wafula

Anonymous said...

Hey congratulation on your new addition. It's the small things in life that bring so much pleasure. We do enjoy your blog site. I just figured out how to leave a comment. (Blondie)
We pray that God guides you where you need to be.
It really does amaze me how the small things are so important. It is what we do everyday that is important to God. We have a small protion of time to make a difference in this world. It is how we treat each of other, love each other, and last but not least put up with each other.
I don't think that anything is more important than teaching a soul that they are not alone in this world and that God loves them.
So keep up the good work and congrats on the grandbaby!