07 July 2008

I Attended My First Sporting Event in Kenya



I finally got to watch Sammy play rugby recently! None of these pictures are of him, though. Kenya has been hosting the Tusker Safari Sevens international tournament now for about 13 years. Most teams come from Africa, but there were also teams from Japan, Fuji, the UK, and France. It was a huge 3-day event! The teams are all what's called "seven-a-side" and the games only last for 14 minutes.

Kenya's main team won the tournament. Sammy played on Kenya's 2nd team - Shujaa. It means "hero" in Swahili. They got 5th place. He played well. He was quite pleased that I came to see him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Deb,
thanks for the good report, all the pictures and your praise and prayer requests.

I will pray for Agnes, Joe and Sammy. Also, that you succeed in writing another book.

You had a busy month last month and glad you are feeling much better.

Love, Peggy