07 September 2008

Homa Bay

After our boat ride, we found a small kiosk and had some lunch. The talapia we ate had been caught that very morning. Talk about fresh... and delicious! The photo above is what I was served.

I gave my gills to Linet, her boys, and Becky. They were excited that I shared them.

I, on the other hand, was excited to not have to eat them!

Derrick was the only one interested in the eyes!



We also bought some talapia from this lady to take home.
Linet's mom was thrilled with it!



I wanted to show Linet and her boys how the fish is packed in ice chips in preparation to be trucked to Nairobi and other parts of Kenya. We ended up talking to Peter and his son for quite a while. He was quite proud of his business. He's been doing it for almost 40 years! He's raised all ten of his children with this business.



These buses are but two examples of "Obama mania"
that's sweeping across Kenya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Obama Mania" in Kenya? Why?

-Jessica