24 May 2009

Furlough Focus

During a bike ride behind Ngong Hills, July 2008



Focus for this Furlough

Besides the obvious things such as seeing my friends and family, I have two intended goals for this time back home in the states. They are:


Rest – I need to focus on resting and restoring my health.

“Unlike Jesus, we attempt to live life in our own energy. We think we can keep giving without getting replenished. Then, wearied and weakened by the demands of life and ministry, we become impatient and annoyed with the very ones God has sent us to serve.”

-Nancy Leigh DeMoss, A Place of Quiet Rest


Writing – I want to write another book, with a compilation of more stories of my life in Kenya. In order to do this, it will require much solitude. In other words, I won’t be available for very much socializing.

“True solitude is the rest of the mind, and is to the spirit what sleep is to the body – nourishment and refreshment.”

-William Penn


“One can be instructed in society; one is inspired only in solitude.”

-Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

“The monotony and solitude of a quiet life stimulates the creative mind.”

-Albert Einstein





Painting at my new house, August 2008




Bike ride to Kiserian, August 2008



Bike ride to Endeset (with Sam, Kim, and Sammy)
August 2008



Touring a tea factory, Kisii (with Linet and her boys)
August 2008



No comments: