02 August 2010

August Prayer Letter


Please allow me to share two quotes with you. I would appreciate it if you would use them to pray for me this month! Thank you!

We must never put our dreams of success as God's purpose for us; His purpose may be exactly the opposite. We have an idea that God is leading us to a particular end, a desired goal; He is not. The question of getting to a particular end is a mere incident. What we call the process, God calls the end.

God's purpose is that I depend on Him and on His power. If I can stay in the middle of the turmoil calm and unperplexed, that is the end of the purpose of God. God is not working toward a particular finish; His end is the process - that I see Him walking on the waves, no shore in sight, no success, no goal, just the absolute certainty that it is all right because I see Him walking on the sea. It is the process, not the end, which is glorifying to God!

God's end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If I have a further end in view, I do not pay enough attention to the immediate present: if I realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious.
 - Oswald Chambers

Go forth and do what God told you to do. Do it with a pure heart and a right attitude. God wants your heart - not your performance, accomplishments, or appearance. Pray about it and release the results to God. Take the responsibility off of yourself and leave it with Him.

- Scott, one of the pastors at Christ Fellowship Church in Tennessee (during the GetAway)

3 comments:

karensnewton said...

Oswald Chambers is so great and if I had to pick one of his daily writings as most blessed, I would have to say this one is the most practically full of insight. Love it and will pray it for you all of August. Love you and love keeping up with you.

Jessica E. said...

This is beautiful!

God's end is to enable me to see that He can walk on the chaos of my life just now. If I have a further end in view, I do not pay enough attention to the immediate present: if I realize that obedience is the end, then each moment as it comes is precious.

- Oswald Chambers

Love you, and praying for you!

Anonymous said...

"....but the people that do know their God shall be strong, and do (great) exploits (for Him)"
Dan 11:32b KJV
Peggy Gray