15 May 2012

Visit with Robert and Mary Alu

When I'm upcountry, I often travel by motorbike... I do occasionally in Nairobi, as well. They're cheap and offer 'door-to-door' service.

In March, I was in the Matunda/Nzoia Scheme area (near Kitale). After meeting friends for lunch at the Matunda market, I had Wycliff pick me up for the 30-minute journey to Mary Alu's home. I took this photo while seated on the back of his motorbike. We unfortunately got stuck behind this lorry carrying telephone poles. Not only did it move slowly... but it kicked up a LOT of dust!



The following six photos were taken while I was on the back of the motorbike. I believe they'll give you a good glimpse of the countryside in the area.








Robert (who lives in Tanzania) also happened to be visiting his Mom.

Yum. Chicken feet for lunch. Very typical in the rural villages.

Mary in her newly constructed kitchen

Stacking hand-made clay bricks to be baked a few days with smoldering wood.


No comments: