10 December 2014

Great weekend get-away; Champagne Ridge


In November, a few of us from my homegroup spent the weekend at Rongi Saba house in an area called Champagne Ridge. We were just on the edge of an escarpment overlooking the vast Great Rift Valley 3,000 feet below us. We had stunning views throughout our time there.



I cycled the 25 miles (40 kilometers) from my house in Ngong town to our destination. Half of the trip was on rough roads and most of it was quite hilly terrain. I enjoyed the adventure, challenge, and solitude.

Here's a section of flat roads, basically in 'the middle of nowhere'.


Acacia trees grow all around the area. As luck would have it, I got a puncture from one of the thorns.







In the evening, we played a fun game of Scrabble and had a nice fire going.

I got up early in the morning and enjoyed some chai out on the veranda.


God gifted us with this absolutely stunning sunset!

No comments: