29 September 2017

The story of my life and how God has led me; two videos for your viewing pleasure


Speaking in front of a group of people is certainly not my gifting. However, I do believe I have a story to tell!

That's what I did this past May when I spoke at Crossroads Tabernacle Church in the Bronx (New York City), where my daughter, Jessica and her husband attend. I simple told the story of my life and how I unexpectedly ended up in Kenya, East Africa as a missionary. When I look back on my life, I find it all a bit remarkable and marvel at the paths on which God has led me.

[You can find the written version of that sermon on my blog at this link.
It's there in four parts, so when you reach the end of part one,
simply click the link for part two... and so forth.]

Recently my friends, Dave and Rose, asked me speak to the group of seniors at their church in Minnesota. Because of the time difference, Skype wasn't an option. Instead, I recorded this video at my house. It's not so great, but the story is still there. I hope you'll enjoy it.




I also put the photos from my sermon into a video format. I hope you will enjoy them as well.



Each one of us has a story to tell concerning how we've lived our lives or how God has led us. Have you ever put your life story into a written form, or perhaps made a video of it?

If not, I would suggest you give it a try. Put pen to paper and see what you come up with. As I composed my story, I actually gained some incredible insights into my own life.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
The video you shared was well done. Thanks for sharing.
God bless,
Patty

Anonymous said...

I sure enjoyed listening to your testimony. Blessings, Shemayne

Anonymous said...

Everyone was so excited!!! They loved your talk and the pictures. Rose