06 December 2018

Trip to Mai Mahui and Narok to visit friends

After alighting from the matatu that brought me to Mai Mahui, I happened upon James. He did a great job ferrying me around.

While waiting for a friend at Cafe Ubuntu, I strolled around their prayer garden and enjoyed the beauty.




Mount Longonot

We’ve lost touch with the natural world and, as a result, lost touch with our own souls. 
I believe we can’t access our full intelligence and wisdom without some real connection to nature! 
Every day we have opportunities to reconnect with God through an encounter with nature,
whether an ordinary sunrise, a starling on a power line, a tree in a park, or a cloud in the sky.
This spirituality doesn’t depend on education or belief;
it almost entirely depends on our capacity for simple presence.
~ Richard Rohr, The Soul, the Natural World, and What Is

Beautiful sunset on the way to Narok (shot from a moving car)

No comments: