Praise Items and Highlights During the Month of June -
- Naomi (my oldest daughter, who lives in Ohio) gave birth to Mia Sarice on the 7th of June. This brings her and Todd’s family to a total of five, including Mia’s big brothers – Terran and Tony. I’ve now been blessed with 4 grandchildren!
- I spent some time with two different missions teams from the States during the past month. It always encourages me to interact with others who also have a heart for Kenya!
- On three different occasions, I was with my friend, Martin Kimani. Actually he goes by the nickname of Kim. I’d like to believe that I’m able to inspire him as much as he inspires me. He’s a very creative and reflective young man.
- I spent an enjoyable 10 days on the road and at my place at Matunda. I helped at an exhilarating 2-day free medical clinic, as well as hired a couple of guys to dig two 15-foot holes for me – one for my own toilet/washroom and the other for my own well. I traveled to Bukembe to visit Charles, Agnes, and their boys and also went to see Collins at his school at Luandeti.
- I celebrated my birthday by having Karo, Jeremiah, and Joy to my place for lasagna and cupcakes. Karo’s sister, Jacki, and her nephew, Cliff, also joined us.
- Cyndi and I spent an adventurous day hiking Ngong Hills. We managed to avoid all the danger lurking around us – the “thugs”, leopards, buffalo, and even elephants. The day was foggy and a bit chilly but we reveled in God’s creation nonetheless.
Prayer Items and A Look Ahead at July –
- I’ll be teaching some foundational things about God’s Word at Karo and Jeremiah’s church on the 9th. Please pray that the congregation will be able to bypass the language differences and absorb all that I have for them.
- Towards the end of the month, I plan to travel to the West Pokot area. One of Collins’ uncles – Geoffrey – has invited me to visit his church. This area can be rather volatile at times. Pray for our safety.
“Never choose to be a worker; but when once God has put His call on you, woe be to you if you turn to the right hand or to the left. We are not here to work for God because we have chosen to do so, but because God has apprehended us.”
- Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest