03 June 2008

Conclusion of Prayer Letter

The following excerpt, from a personal word of encouragement I received over two years ago, is very fitting and apt for me even now –


"It’s not easy to live in a foreign culture. If God Himself does not send you, you’ll just give up and go home. Those that stay are only able to endure because God has sent them and is enabling them."


I’ll conclude with Romans 15:30 – “Join me in my struggle by praying to God for me.” The Message Bible renders it – “Pray for me. Pray strenuously with and for me.”


Please also pray for the following friends of mine:

  • Agnes - regarding her health
  • Sarah - regarding her intense dream to become a nurse
  • Moses - regarding the stress he's under to provide for and raise his three younger siblings


Thank you so much for praying for me and my friends!


2 comments:

Joe Bangkok said...

Deb,

I'm so sorry you're going through a difficult time. I hurt for you and I hurt with you.

I asked the Lord to give you rest, encouragement, and someone to come alongside and support you.

And I hope you know I have tremendous respect for you.

Chris and I are thinking and praying about starting a Christian school in Mozambique - I'm headed over to Maputo for 10 days in July to research the possibilities. It won't be the same as Bangkok I can already tell - a very impoverished nation still recovering from a long and bloody civil war. But if God is behind this, He will make it clear to us and He will accomplish His purposes.

Hang in there, good friend.
Love,
Joe

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb...
As I was reading the excerpts from the book you referenced, the phrase, "incarnate in another culture" kept ringing a bell. Don't fully understand what this "bell-ringing" is all about, but when I figure it out, will share it with you. I kept picturing Christ incarnate in our culture...human as opposed to God, and the significance of that. Having spent a significant amount of my life in Africa, but mostly Europe, I can certainly understand your angst...your frustration. You know I continue to lift you and your ministry up to our God who certainly knows and understands where you are. I pray, "wake up God and don't forget my dear friend, Deb. She needs you now!"
Blessings and love from Kentucky...
Wafula