03 September 2010

My Mud Hut


I recently traveled to the Mtoni/Matunda area for 11 days. I was glad to once again be at my mud hut! I had it built almost exactly 8 years ago!


We had to do some repairs to my door. That's why it looks the way it does in this photo. The roof also leaked, but Nathan was able to add more grass. You may notice that some of it is lighter in color - that's the new grass. It will eventually darken in color to match the rest of the roof.




This flame tree has really struggled to survive since I planted it about 7 years ago. Two different times it almost died during periods of drought. I was very happy to see it so tall. I'm eager to see it finally bloom with large orange-red flowers!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Really enjoyed the pics. Oh my, how things have changed...look at that Collins!!!
Blessings from Kentucky...
Wafula

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite things about you is your mud hut. For real. Peace, Ryan

Anonymous said...

What a special way to enjoy Kenya with you and to see your many relationships through pictures. Lots of prayer has gone up for all of them and for you as you meet them.
Marge