21 June 2017

"Come away with me. Let us go alone to a quiet place and rest for a while." ~Jesus


On the glorious splendor of your majesty, and on your wondrous works, I will meditate.
Psalm 145:5



Flowers are appearing on the earth. The season for singing has come. 
Song of Solomon 2:12



God, my shepherd! I don’t need a thing. 
You have bedded me down in lush meadows, you find me quiet pools to drink from. 
True to your word, you let me catch my breath and send me in the right direction.
Psalm 23:1-3



But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky, and they will tell you; 
or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you. 
Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this? 
In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.
Job 12:7-10



Listen to this, Job; stop and consider God’s wonders. 
Do you know how God controls the clouds and makes his lightning flash? 
Do you know how the clouds hang poised, those wonders of him who has perfect knowledge?
Job 37:14-16



Let the heavens rejoice. Let the fields be jubilant and everything in them. 
Let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.
Psalm 96:11-12



Jesus often says, 
`Come away with me. Let us go alone to a quiet place and rest for a while.' 
So I go away to a lonely place by myself.
Mark 6:31-33 (personalized)



I took these photos during my first visit to Ngong Road Forest in January, just a few days before heading to the US for my home-stay. It's a wonderful space near Karen and can be accessed from the newly opened Southern Bypass. Being outside in such a setting does my soul wonders!

No comments: