28 August 2017

Jinja and Kampala: Nile River, Mto Moyoni, and hanging out with good friends


Once again, I had a wonderful time at Mto Moyoni, a retreat center on the banks of the Nile River. I enjoyed the fabulous view as I ate breakfast on my veranda, read a biography about Corrie ten Boom, and mostly just relaxed. The monkeys were also entertaining to watch.


Red-tail monkey, also known as Black-cheeked, White-nosed Monkey

The sun comes up on Lake Victoria

American Supermarket, a rather interesting name!

I climbed all 720 steps in the minaret at Uganda's National Mosque

Once on top, we had an amazing 360-degree view of Kampala

A special added bonus was being able to hang out for a whole day with these two guys! Ryan was a missionary in Uganda for 3 years and Jacob is a missionary in South Sudan... and we're all from the same hometown! From a human perspective, it could seem like coincidence that we were all in Kampala on the same day... but we believe God set it up.


2 comments:

Mom said...

You think?

Anonymous said...

I like that, Mom! Hmm... it seems quite obvious that God set up the whole thing, doesn't it?!