17 April 2019

Visits with my friends at Malaba, Fafaral, Mtoni, and Eldoret - all involving getting lifts on motorbikes (aka boda boda)

After the retreat at Entebbe and a couple of nights at Jinja, I crossed the border leaving Uganda and entered Kenya.
After a nice visit with Agnes at her home, we squeezed onto a boda boda so I could get to the stage and head to Eldoret.

After a rest day, I traveled from Eldoret to Fafaral to visit Nathan and Alice over a cup of tea.
Then Nathan and I hopped on his motorbike for the dusty trip on back roads to visit Deb at school.

Deb and her dad, Nathan, on the school grounds where she is now attending secondary school.
Regarding the school's mission statement above, all schools in Kenya seem to have these and paint them at their gates.

Nathan and I continued on the dusty back roads to Mtoni to visit Ken and Joan plus their daughters.
This is the spot where I used to have my mud hut, always a source of good memories for me.

Robai and I visited Samich again, a restaurant about an hour from Eldoret and just on the edge of the Great Rift Valley.
This time we climbed down the path farther than the last time. Whew... the climb back UP is not an easy task.

Enjoying the beauty on the way


I am not sure what this sign is supposed to mean... other than 'be careful' on the steep slope.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes we are interested in God’s current assignment in your life Deb. Our regards to everyone you’re working with. Let them know we in the states are bound to them through your availability to Jesus’ great commission to the ends of the earth. Love you my sister!

Jhc

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed your recent blog posts. So good to see how the Lord is working in lives you have known for so many years.

Nancy S.