26 March 2007

April Prayer Letter

Praise Items - Rejoice with me!

  • I've gotten to spend some good quality time with Caleb's daughter, Aaliyah. I have thoroughly enjoyed it! Besides a great afternoon at the park, we've read some library books and made chocolate chip cookies and lasagna together. She is such a delightful little girl. And... I'm not at all biased! :)




More Praise Items:

  • Good time of speaking at a retirement home chapel service and of sharing at a Seniors' Bible class
  • Making memories doing several 1000-piece puzzles together with my Mom, especially while snowed in for 2 days during a blizzard
  • Good times of reaching out to a newly-widowed neighbor lady, a friend in a difficult period of transition, and a friend convalescing at a rehab facility
  • Lots of catching up with old friends over scrumptious meals
  • Great visits by out-of-town friends and relatives
  • Some good bike rides in lovely Spring weather! I love to be on my bike!
  • News Flash! I get to go to Jess's wedding! God made a way! I'm so excited to be there for her big day!

Prayer Items -

1) Please pray for my safety as do some traveling:

  • March 28 - April 2: St. Croix (in the Virgin Islands) for Jessica's wedding
  • April 8-18: I'll be making a bit of a circuit tour to Cleveland and Cincinnati (Ohio), Louisville (Kentucky), and Mt. Vernon (Illinois). I'll be visiting several friends I've met in Kenya at each of these stops and sharing about my ministry.
2) On the 15th, I'll be delivering the Word. Please pray that God would receive all the glory.

Thank you so much for upholding me in prayer!


"Living a life of faith means never knowing where you are being led.
But it does mean loving and knowing the One who is leading.
It is literally a life of faith, not of understanding and reason -
a life of knowing Him who calls us to go."

-Oswald Chambers


Jesus said,
"You're tied down to the mundane;

I'm in touch with what is beyond your horizons.
You live in terms of what you see and touch.
I'm living on other terms."

John 8:23 (The Message)




No comments: