14 May 2007

More from Kakuma Town and Vicinity

I loved the view of the small mountain ranges all along the horizon!


After arriving at Kakuma town,
Kim and I enjoyed a cup of Somali tea in a small cafe.
This woman sat outside the door for the entire time we were there.
The owner of the cafe tried to get her to move away from the door,
but she remained in the same exact place.
Eventually her husband came and they went on their way.



Yet more women carrying heavy bags of charcoal!
They'll walk and carry it in this fashion all the way to their homes,
which could be miles away!

After I took this picture
(discretely and from the safety of a vehicle),
one of the women hollered, "Camera!"
They all got angry and some dropped their bags of charcoal.
I was glad we were in a vehicle and could just drive away!

While I certainly never want to offend anyone,
my main motivation in taking such photos
is for those of you back in the States.
I simply want to share with you (as much as is possible)
what I'm experiencing in this most fascinating place called Kenya!


This man is carrying firewood.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

ahhh....what a dream Deb!