01 June 2007

June Prayer Letter

Please join me in praying for the following items:

  1. Safety while on the road - My mom and I will be on the road from the 4-13th. We'll spend some time in Ohio with Naomi and her family. We're taking Aaliyah with us and returning with Terran. We'll also stop along the way to see two of my aunts.
  2. I will be flying to Las Vegas on the 25th to spend a few days with my son, Zach.
  3. I only have 6 weeks remaining in the States before I head back to Kenya. While I'm very eager to return to my "2nd home", I do struggle at times to reconcile living in two different parts of the world. Just as I long to see my Kenyan friends, simultaneously I experience tension as I start to emotionally separate from friends and family members here.
  4. Pray that I'll accomplish all God has in mind for me in these last few weeks.

Thank you so much for joining me in prayer about these issues! I appreciate it greatly!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What you are doing as a Christian
disciple in two worlds so very different is difficult and only possible by your belief and trust in Him and Gods' grace. Many people
will be praying for you whwn you make the transition to Kenya.
Gladys

Anonymous said...

The pictures are so interesting. You truly are a saint to give up the comforts of America to minister Gods' love over there.

Anonymous said...

Deb,

I was touched by your description of the tension you live with, especially as you prepare to return to Kenya.

Know that you're in my thoughts and prayers.

-MOSES KIMANI-

Anonymous said...

Praying for you three as you travel. Give my love to Naomi. Hope to see Terran too. I appreciate your sharing about the tension you feel of saying goodbyes."Do not worry about your children. I hear your prayers and I am at work within their hearts. Put your hope in My promise that your children will be saved from the enemy and serve Me with all their heart; for I will draw them to Myself with lovingkindness." Jer. 31:16,17
Love, Marge

Anonymous said...

Hey Deb...
Hope this finds you well, enjoying your travels. Looking forward to seeing you again, this time in Kenya. We leave on September the 12th, and as far as I know right now, we will be in both Nairobi and Matunda. Catch you there at one of your hang-outs!
Love from Kentucky...
Wafula