29 June 2007

Pioneer, Pioneer

I recently heard a song by Nancy Honeytree on her newest CD called "Call of the Harvest". While the song is actually sung in Urdu (the language of Pakistan), the English words are also provided. The song really touched me and ministered to me. I include it here for your own enjoyment and enlightenment. Perhaps it will assist you in praying for me, as I've often considered myself to be a pioneer in many areas.






Pioneer

Pioneer, pioneer
Keep pressing onward
Beyond your fear
Only the Father
Goes before you
To your own frontier
You are a pioneer

Unchartered wilderness
Stretches before you
And you thrive on going
Where no one has gone
Still it gets lonely
When darkness deepens
So sing by the fire
Until the dawn

You travel light
You travel alone
And when you arrive
Nobody knows
But the Father in heaven
He's glad you can go
For those who come after you
Will need the road



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just want to tell you this poem meant soooo much to me. I will use it in my life and think of you in Kenya. Gladys

Unknown said...

I'm learning,maybe more from you than from anybody else,what it means to face the unknown and just Trust and follow where God will lead us.