11 January 2008

Boxing Day

This is the group that spent the night at my house on Christmas day. A total of 14 were at my house for dinner. We had a great time!


Jim and Lucia enjoyed playing Jenga with me!


This is Cala, one of my neighbors' dogs. Collins had never seen such a large dog in his life (dogs in rural Kenya are somewhat rare and are usually scrawny versions of smaller mixed breeds). Initially he was very frightened by Cala, but eventually they became friends.


On Boxing Day (a holiday of British origins on December 26th), Collins, Jim, Lucia, and I went to the Animal Orphanage (like a small zoo). We had a wonderful time!



These Maasai warriors were there to entertain the crowds.



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I do feel so inclined to leave a comment for you! Actually, once you leave a comment or two, its not so hard.

Thanks for all the pics and info. It blesses me that you keep me up to date. I have wanted your insite into the latest happenings in Kenya. Still praying for you and all of Kenya.

Be safe! My love to you. Would you give a special hug to Jim????

c

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a very nice Christmas with a big crowd at your house! I had a quiet Christmas which suited me this year.
Gail

Anonymous said...

Thanks Deb, for the political insights. I really enjoy the pictures and notes of each one. It is good to see your life through pictures.
Still praying for your safety.
Marge