09 November 2006

Rita's Neighbor Kids





Unlike most people I’ve encountered in my travels through Kenya, I found most all of these people to be quite reticent and shy. I might even use the word, “fearful” to describe them. When I smiled at the children and stretched out my hand to greet them, many times they would cower and retreat. Sometimes, when I held up my camera to get a picture, they would literally run away! On the contrary, children in most other parts of Kenya gleefully approach me and cluster around my camera.

However, with a bit of patience, I did eventually win over some of them.

These photos are of Rita’s neighbors. I hope you're enjoying the photo collage!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Deb, Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with your travels and the people of Kenya. They are such a fortunate group to have you available to minister to them as the Lord leads. I am confident that their lives are richer because of your compassion, passion and love of them and their Creator. Thank you for obeying the call to go and share the gospel of the Kingdom with the world.
Bless you in the spiritual and natural realms as you flow in His anointing and fulfill the purpose and destiny for which you were born.
!Agape,
Leslie